Friday, November 18, 2011

Shu Qi Takes Hiatus From Acting Career to Explore Life

Last night, numerous celebrities from Hong Kong and Taiwan attended a Giorgio Armani promotional event. Shu Qi (舒淇)announced that she will take a hiatus from her acting career and will suspend all work engagements for at least six months to recover lost personal space in life. Shu Qi frankly admitted that the her leave-of-absence from acting will have zero impact on her financial condition.

Wearing a sexy dress valued at $200,000 HKD, Shu Qi appeared in the finale of Armani’s show. Asked whether she had been invited to appear in the new James Bond Hollywood movie, Skyfall, Shu Qi indicated that she did not receive the invitation to do so. She found out about it through media correspondence. Asked whether she was interested in portraying a Bond girl, Shu Qi replied, “I have no interest to do so currently!” (What if you were only asked to appear beautiful and there was no need for action sequences?) “Let someone else take the opportunity! I have been acting for over a dozen years. Right now, I wish to take a rest and not film any movies for a period of time.” (Do you need to reduce stress?) “Yes, I filmed many movies. If I continue in the current manner, I may lose the passion for acting!”

Shu Qi added, “Due to my acting career, I lost my own personal space. I wish to adjust my lifestyle: to simply eat, play, and see my friends.” Asked whether she intended to pave her romantic future with the six months of rest, Shu Qi said that it was difficult to say. Shu Qi joked that if she possessed such financial acumen as Rosamund Kwan (關之琳), who also appeared at the Armani function, then she would feel pampered.

Noting that her hiatus will not affect her financial state, Shu Qi stated bluntly, “I can eat a meal for $1 dollar and do not need to eat expensive food!”

Source: Orientaldaily.on.cc
Translated by: Jayne @ JayneStars
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...