Thursday, December 29, 2011

Joey Yung displeased by rumors brought up as a joke @ Metro Music Awards

Joey Yung, Eason Chan, Twins, BOYZ, Kary Ng, Kay Tse, GEM, Hins Cheung and many other singers attended the Metro Radio Hits Music Awards celebration yesterday. Denise Ho, who won 2 awards, was absent and attended good friend Ellen Loo's concert celebration instead.

During the awards, Joey's rumors were brought on stage and was miserably teased. At the celebration, she expressed her dissatisfaction: "Creating atmosphere is nothing more than just playing with rumors, but it doesn't work now. Audience believe this gimmick isn't anything new." It was said she spent Christmas at Denise Ho's place. Joey said: "Aiya! I just went to a Christmas party. I didn't want to answer 'no', and if I answer 'yes' then I fear you all will make up rumors."

Successfully winning the 'World Hittest Singer' award, Joey expressed her feelings: "Still it's just everyone loves me. I debuted 12 years ago, in this world if you put in the effort, it will pay off. Many people ask me, is it boring attending the music awards? I say I really like the lively atmosphere. Just think of it as a party! (Is Denise happy?) That's well-behaving of her to do this."

As for Eason, he complained that the stage is dangerous: "I already felt the stage was a little shaky when we were rehearsing. Basically the stage shouldn't be in a shape of a cross. It's best to use supports from all four sides. I understand its rather rushed when working in Hong Kong, but the details is very important too. Touch wood, what if we fall off the stage, then what?"

Eason expressed he asked one of the staff about the stage: "He told me it's safe. I said him stepping on steel string is safe too! I was a little rude too, and I want to apologize to him here." Eason denied that he will no longer attend the music awards next year: "I just said I wanted vacation, I didn't say I was gonna quit." Eason also revealed he received good friend Miriam Yeung's SMS, asked if she told him good news? He said: "I know she's on vacation now, there is no reason why she won't tell me if there is good news."

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...