Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sonija Kwok’s Perspective On Love; Interested in Practical Men

Regarding her perspective in love, Sonija Kwok (郭羨妮) lamented that it was difficult for an artist to find a significant other. In fact, Sonija was only interested in seeking a practical person. Instead of dating haphazardly, she chose to stay single in the past instead. Believing that love was destined, Sonija ultimately met practical and reliable husband, Zhu Shaojie (朱少杰), as Heaven’s gift.

“In the past, I never knew what I was looking for in a partner; thus I waited for the right person to appear. It appears that working in the entertainment industry does not allow dating. When it gets busy, there is no time for dating. It is also very difficult to come across a suitable person. Since I was filming non-stop earlier, I was unable to meet the person I had in mind. In fact, my requirements are very simple; I am looking for a man that resembles my husband. He is a practical and down to earth man, giving a sense of security and not letting me worry.”

Dating Only A Handful of Men

“If you were to ask me whether I possess a suspicious nature during dating, it depends on the other person. The issue is also related to age. At my current age, I believe it is important to possess some confidence in myself, while giving the other person confidence as well. It is a mutual exchange! I am not the type of woman to easily fall in love. You can count the number of times I have officially dated in one hand! Earlier, I considered giving up; settling on remaining single! It is better than to find someone haphazardly. However, love is destined and unexpectedly, the right person surfaced.

“When I worked as a flight attendant, I dated another male flight attendant. He was also a practical person and quite handsome! Since we were colleagues, naturally we started dating. If I did not enter the Miss Hong Kong pageant, perhaps I may have married him! We dated for several years, even during my participation in the pageant.

“Afterward, I felt that we belonged to different worlds and broke up six months later. I asked for the break up since we were both very young and his qualifications were not bad, many women were interested in him. I felt as if I were slowing him down, thus asked to break up. He is currently married and has children. At that time, I was naturally focused on my career since I had just entered the industry. Meanwhile, he was considering when to get married. We both had pressure, so perhaps breaking up was the better option!”

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: Jayne @ JayneStars
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...