Friday, December 23, 2011

Kiki Sheung disheartened, not renewing TVB contract

Kiki Sheung and Eddie Cheung are currently shooting for TVB sitcom Til Love Do Us Lie. It was said because Kiki was an hour late to rehearsal, Eddie was upset and asked producer Kwan Wing Chung to settle the issue down at the studio. Even Suet Nei, who plays Kiki's mother in the sitcom, wanted the producer to change the script and kill off her character, so she doesn't have to work with Kiki anymore.

Yesterday Kiki, Eddie and Angela Tong were doing outdoor shooting in Tsuen Wan. The two agreed to take a group photo upon the media's request. Kiki explained her lateness was purely a misunderstanding. That day, she went to pick up the prize money check she won at the TVB Anniversary during her lunch hour at the TVB canteen and then went to discuss the script with the editor. Later, the assistant director called her and she immediately rushed over to the studio. She said: "When I got to the studio, I didn't know what happened. I was half an hour late. First I was waiting for the coffee, then I waited for the check. In fact, it's just a small misunderstanding. The producer came down to ask who was being late, I told him it was me and I was sorry." Kiki sighed and said each day she shoots 24 scenes and no one praises her, but a small misunderstanding can turn into a big scandal.

Kiki continued: "Before, I drive my husband to work every morning, so I may be a little late, but I told the producer already that I'm not driving him (her husband) anymore, in the future I will not be a minute late. I will arrive at the studio on time. (Will your husband be upset?) My husband told me not to do it. He asked me if this led to some jealousy? Is it because there is some success in the series that people need to talk about some negative news?" She said she won't be continuing her contract with TVB, and will be a freelance artist again. Asked if she's feeling disheartened? She said: "I'm tired! So why not just go traveling with my husband, go out and play a little!" Asked if she will change her straightforward personality? She said: "No, I am an open person. I won't take anything to heart, at least I'm a true person! Whatever it is, I will face with frankness."

Eddie was asked if he has been having an unpleasant collaboration with Kiki? He said: "We have a good collaboration. (Are you upset that she's late?) When did I get upset? We, artists, have always place heavy emphasis on being punctual. I hope everyone will think the same way. There has been times where I've waited for a long time in the studio, didn't know what I was waiting for. Since we started in September, I have already raised my objections! However, this is something that I shouldn't be managing, the producer has that authority. I am just here to shoot a good series!" Asked if he'll consider bringing this issue up to the higher levels? He said frankly: "Yes, I just want to help the director get their time back, so they can finish up the shoot!"

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...