Sunday, December 11, 2011

Kevin Cheng will not leave TVB as long as Virginia Lok is there

Kevin Cheng won appreciation from his performance in Ghetto Justice. No one had doubts that he relied on TVB executives to get the award. Had long lacked tje 'well-deserved', Kevin sighed greatly: "This time there is only happiness when I got this award, last time I was worried and happy!" As this his second time becoming TV King, Kevin recalls his feelings 5 years ago: "5 years ago when I got TV King, I personally felt I wasn't qualified yet. This time, the feeling is different, not only did TVB presented this award to me again, but it is also because I got support from audience, the producer and other artists! I want to reiterate that I have never exchanged a contract for an award because I am a person that does not rely on friends or parties."

When speaking of the people he is grateful for, Kevin expressed aside from his mother, there are three other important women: "There are three in the television circle, including Tsang Jeh (Catherine Tsang), Miss Lok (Virgina Lok) and Amy Jeh (Amy Wong)." In the past, it was said because Virgina was hiding the truth that Kevin was able to charge straight up. The truth is Kevin and Miss Lok views differ on many occassions, but it does not get to the point where they argue. Although Miss Lok is his boss, he often does not agree or listen to her words. Kevin claims he isn't a person that 'polishes shoes' (suck up) or gives gifts. His relationship with the executives isn't especially great. In 2006, when he was spotted eating out with Miss Lok, at the time it was because of his lawsuit that he had to ask for advice. He asked back: "But later, did you all get any more photos of us eating together?"

After all, without Virgina Lok, there would not be the Kevin Cheng we see today. Kevin is not shy to say thank you to Virgina: "All along, she has taken good care of me. After all, the day she is still with TVB, you will not see me in a different company. You all can see how clear my position is. It is because of Miss Lok that I'm with TVB. I want to express my thanks to her." Kevin recalls back in 2006 when Miss Lok was producing the All About Men album, it was because of that he was able to see how it feels like to be back on the radio station doing an interview. It is also because of this, he was able to release a New + Best Collection CD in 2006. He said without hiding: "At least this satisfied my craving a little, all of it is under Miss Lok's arrangements. She still has a lot of arrangements up ahead."

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...